The actual church was built in 1256 on the remains of a previous church dedicated to St Martin. A church dedicated to St. Justine (paduan martyr, who was martyred in Padua in 304) stood on the top the Rocca hill since the 10th century, but was destroyed in the mid of the 13th century when emperor Frederic II ordered the construction of the stronghold. The actual church is in typical romanic style with gothic decorative elements in trachyt and bricks. The belltower is in romanic-lombard style. The facade with an elegant gothic prothyrum is adorned by a rose window and two mullioned windows. The single aisle interior keeps fine works of art, among them the Polittico di Santa Giustina (mid 15th century), the painting with the Madonna of humility attributed to Antonio da Verona (1421), fresco paintings and marble reliefs (17th c.), a memorial stone dating back to the 1st c. AD, a statue representing the Virgin Mary is attributed to Silvio Cosini (1535 ca.).
Stay in Touch With Us!
Would you like to keep in touch with us and be the first to find out about news from the Euganean Hills and Spas? Sign up for our newsletter and start taking care of yourself: click the button below and complete the form. We will be in touch soon with news, updates, revitalising offers and much more besides!